Outpatient/ Aftercare Program
We don’t just want you to meet your potential; we want you to form a relationship with it. The time post-IOP is referred to as “Aftercare”, which for many, leads to new beginnings. Long-term sobriety is attainable, but it doesn’t happen the minute you quit using. It takes the creation and development of a support system. At Parkdale, we are dedicated to helping everyone acquire support - the professional in recovery, the family, the employer and anyone willing to engage.
Support system creation an development includes:
- Long-term sponsor engagement
- Group meetings to establish your community support system
- Continued support for families, employers, and colleagues, as desired
The Aftercare Program is Key to Sustained Recovery
Relapse rates for professionals are among the highest for those who are not proactive and aggressive in managing their recovery. If untreated, the relapse rates can be as high as 80% within the first year of being treated. However, if the professional successfully completes a treatment program specializing in treating professionals and subsequently participates in an Aftercare Program, the one-year relapse rate can decrease to 15%. The three and five-year relapse rates are 10% and 5% respectively. The Parkdale Aftercare program is unprecedented, both in its scope and in its advocacy and support for you.
Aftercare leads to New Beginnings
- Many in recovery make a dedication in their new-found life successes to helping others recover as well.
- Much like some of our founders and of our staff, they have proudly become sponsors on the journey to healing.