Teachers & Educators
"Two-thirds of teachers may want to quit the profession, while 36.4 percent are likely to quit."(SOURCE: Teacher drug use: a response to occupational stress. Watts WD, Short AP. J Drug Educ. 1990;20(1):47-65. PMID: 2348305)
Those in the educational profession are more than just teachers. They are role models, mentors, and can sometimes even adopt parental roles for their students. This can lead to burn-out and unhealthy methods of coping.
Parkdale Center is aware of the necessity of balancing your career, your personal life, and your sobriety. We offer specialized treatment programs that cater to the specific needs of your profession.
Our Programs adamantly promote public safety while complying with all treatment recommendations from involved parties and the local, state, and federal authorities. This is why you see the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) standards accreditation seal of approval on our website. We take these standards very seriously.
- Professionals in the education industry had a 4.7% prevalence of past-month heavy alcohol use.
- Professionals in the education industry had a 4.8% rate of past-month illicit drug use
- Professionals in the education industry had a 5.5% rate of formal substance use disorders.
How The Process Works
Each professional will carry the weight of their career, responsibilities, and work/life balance differently. At Parkdale Center, we teach you how to manage the stressors and triggers in your life that have led you down the path of addiction. Your work identity, whether you are a nurse, lawyer, physician, pilot, corporate executive, athlete, laborer or engineer, influences many of life’s outcomes and opportunities.
Commitment-Free Phone Assessment @ 888-883-8433
We pride ourselves on our ability to service a diverse community of professionals who are struggling with substance use, but we also understand the importance of finding the best fit for you or someone you know. We are just a phone call away and are here to answer all of your questions, as well as address your concerns.
- We help you understand the estimation of length, how much detox may be needed, cost factors, and how to navigate what is next.
- Inpatient facility may be recommended at this stage if you are extremely dependent. We will help identify and direct those in need.
This assessment is designed to ensure that you will receive the appropriate treatment needed to identify and address the triggers of your individual disease. This key assessment time is also what forms the basis of your insurance baselines. Our clinical team will customize the right plan of care.
Comprehensive Assessment Includes:
- Addiction Assessment
- Complete History & Physical
- Psychiatric Assessment
- Psychological Assessment
- Medical Assessment
- Family Assessment
- Dietary Assessment
- Spiritual Assessment
- Detoxification Assessment
Parkdale's Residential/ Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) is an intensive, full-time program that includes access to all of Parkdale’s treatment services. Individuals reside in Parkdale’s beautiful, serene, and historic facility, located near the shores of beautiful Lake Michigan. The length of stay varies by individual.
Learn more about Parkdale's Residential/ Partial Hospitalization Program.
Parkdale will assist you locally or will work with an Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) in your hometown to create a support system of individuals and outpatient appointments. This assistance will ensure you are ready to prevent the potential for relapse while encouraging lasting support and sobriety.
- This stage is recommended to ensure that an individual begins to form new healthy habits when returning to everyday life.
- Onsite group appointments in your community
- Reintegration/Professional Re-entry to work, as recommended
Learn more about Parkdale's Intensive OutPatient Program.
We don’t just want you to meet your potential; we want you to form a relationship with it. The time post-IOP is referred to as “Aftercare”, which for many, leads to new beginnings. Long-term sobriety is attainable, but it doesn’t happen the minute you quit using. It takes the creation and development of a support system. At Parkdale, we are dedicated to helping everyone acquire this support - the professional in recovery, the family, the employer and anyone willing to engage. Parkdale is here for you through the whole stages of recovery.
- Long-term sponsor engagement
- Group meetings to create a supportive environment
- Continued support for families, employers, and colleagues, as desired.
If you’re committed to staying clean and sober, but you’re having trouble finding work in your profession, Parkdale will do the best we can to help guide you. You are not alone!
Learn more about Parkdale's Career Restoration Program.